The Final Ceremony of ISKO I-SKOOL® 5: a celebration of talent.
ISKO hosted the ISKO I-SKOOL® Final Award Ceremony at Milan’s industrial event space BASE. It was an evening of celebration that brought together young talents, industry key players, insiders, and personalities. The winners of this year’s ISKO I-SKOOL® were revealed: they had a chance to showcase their designs with a high-end fashion show curated in every detail featuring the theme UnDocumented.
The Final Awards Ceremony announced and disclosed the names of the winners, celebrated by international experts in fashion, marketing and communication, as well as insiders and personalities.
Italian DJ and author Paola Maugeri, known for her epic interviews to rock musicians and her care for the environment, was the perfect choice to present the ceremony and took care of the soundscape during the after-party with a refined selection of UnDocumented-inspired music.
On July 10th and 11th, Design and Marketing juries came together to discuss and decide the winners of this year’s edition.
The Marketing Award jury, headed by Glenn Jones (Wednesday Agency), studied the twelve projects presented by the finalists, who were asked to complete a marketing plan for an existing consumer brand. Their challenge was to launch a responsible line of clothing and/or accessories, focusing on the Ingredient Brand model and creating a story of product transparency and accountability.
The best students and teams were announced on July 11th during the Final Awards Ceremony:
- Winner of the UnDocumented Award: GINA PALJUSEVIC, Parsons School of Fashion ;
- Winner of Sportswear International’s Special Mention: AMELIE SOPHIE AMANN, AMFI – Amsterdam Fashion Institute. The magazine awards the winning team with a media article.
Denim Design Award
The Denim Design Award Jury was chaired by Sarah and Carol Piron (Filles a Papa). Among the criteria for the jury’s evaluation were the relevance to the UnDocumented Creative Theme and the actual marketability of the garments created with CREATIVE ROOM, ISKO’s division for style and design.
The winners were:
- Winner of the UnDocumented Award: JAEHA IM, ESMOD Seoul ;
- Winner of the Best Denim Showpiece Award: ZHUOLIN CHENG, Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University ;
- Winner of the Certified Responsible Innovation Award: NIKITA SUGIYANTI DOMPIG, AMFI – Amsterdam Fashion Institute ;
- Winner of the Alternative Fibers Award: ANDREA GROSSI, Polimoda ;
- Winner of the Reca Award: NIKITA SUGIYANTI DOMPIG, AMFI – Amsterdam Fashion Institute. Reca Group awards the contest winner by producing his/her own private accessories’ collection (labels, hangtags, and packaging) within a budget of € 3,000;
- Winner of the Lectra Award MARIA CAPELLARO, NABA. Lectra awards the winning student with a Lectra software license: 1 Kaledo Style® license (Solutions for sketch design) and 1 training session at Lectra’s Milan branch;
- Winner of Sustainable & Circular Design Award: LUCILA NAIR PIERES, Istituto Marangoni. Riri Group awards the winning student with a Riri backpack and one-year supply of zippers and buttons.
- Winner of the Vogue Talents Special Mention: RUI ZHAO, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. The student will have his outfit displayed at Vogue Talents event during Milan Fashion Week.