It was a glamorous celebration of the the talented winning students of the design and marketing contests, and for the occasion, ISKO™ threw a grandiose party. “The Night Is Young – There’s plenty of future, talent and style” ISKO I-SKOOL™ 2016 grand finale marked the successful conclusion of the third edition of the international denim contest.
The fashion show took place on the steps of the façade of Villa Corner della Regina, a stunning historical Palladian palace in Treviso (Italy), crowning the two-day jury sessions and workshop activities. The winners were finally announced after a glamorous catwalk that spotlighted the talented students of ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Design Award, and the presentation of the shortlisted projects for the Denim Marketing Award.
Naturally denim was the starting point for contestants’ inspiration. The contest involved more than 50.000 students from all over the world this year alone, challenging the participants hailing from the world’s most important universities in two contests, one dedicated to designers and the other for marketing professionals.
The students’ creations were presented by the students themselves, supported by a model wearing the garments they created. The students’ creations were then evaluated by the Denim Design Award jury, whose president was François Girbaud (Founder and owner Marithé + François Girbaud), to choose the best creations together with:
– Hannah White (Global Senior Manager, Marketing Communications, Apparel & RFID at Avery Dennison RBIS),
– Zeynep Yapar (Vogue TR – Mavi),
– Esra Saatci (PG Manager Dyeing Auxiliaries TR&ME at Archroma),
– Federico Corneli (haikure),
– Maurizio Bosacchi (Swarovski),
– Fabiana Giacomotti (fashion journalist and Fashion Theory Professor),
– Luca Taiana (Owner and founder TNA33), Vladimiro Baldin (Chief Product Design and Creation Officer at Safilo),
– Alice Tonello (Tonello)
– Violante Toscani (winner of the second edition of the ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Design Award).
The Denim Marketing Award, tutored by the Italian communications agency Menabò Group, was guided by Chantal Malingrey (Director of Denim Première Vision). Students discussed their project before the jury composed by:
– Lynsey Scott (Head of Creative EMEA and Asia Pacific at Avery Dennison RBIS),
– Guney Oktar (Mavi),
– Roberto Morosetti (Archroma),
– Claudio Marcolli (Managing Director Swarovski),
– Marco Lucietti (Global Marketing Director SANKO/ISKO™ Division),
– Elisa Ravaglia (Creative Director and Owner Menabò Group)
– Alessandra Raio and Franziska Sauerwein (ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Marketing Award second edition’s winners)
“It is always really encouraging to see the work of new and emerging talent, and in this contest in particular it has been great to see the concepts and designs of students from some of the best design schools in the world. Good branding communicates the essence of a brand story and therefore it has been really insightful to learn these stories through the students work”, claims Amy White, VP Marketing, Communications and Sustainability of Avery Dennison RBIS.
“Far from cameras, near to the industry: this has been the spirit of ISKO I-SKOOL™ since its first edition. The education is the core or our project: the aim is helping these young talents to grow, letting them experience the importance not only of creativity, but also of culture and industrialization. This edition of our fashion contest has been the most global ever: we are proud of our students, grateful to all partners and simply ready to start again”, claims Marco Lucietti, Global Marketing Director SANKO/ISKO™ Division.
“Mavi means Blue. We are truly excited to be celebrating 25 successful years of denim design and innovation. We have been fortunate enough to collaborate with the top names in the industry to create newness with the superior denim quality. Mavi’s design team constantly looks for innovations in details and materials and is passionate about the evolving consumer trends globally. As Turkey’s first global denim brand we value the future of jeans, and this is one of the main reasons we are partnering with ISKO™ in support of the ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Awards. We believe that with the creativity and talent of “Denim Generation”, the future of denim is even brighter and more promising”, asserts Elif Akarlılar, Global brand director of Mavi.