ISKO I-SKOOL™ is proud to announce that the fourth edition of the contest is ready to go, now with the new path of the Denim Design Award for the academic year 2016/1017.
With a new daring creative theme, involving amongst its partners high-end fashion beacons from all over the world and offering new possibilities also for designers and Independent Students, the fourth edition of the contest is ready to amaze once again the world of denim.
ISKO I-SKOOL™, the competition created by ISKO™, global leader in denim production and in textile innovation, along with CREATIVE ROOM™, its Italian style and design think-tank, confirms for the fourth year in a row its global potential in the education and specialization of young talents, again with its two main application fields: on one hand the Denim Design Award, launching now and dedicated to fashion students, and on the other the Denim Marketing Award, organized for marketing students.
Once again, the most talented students on a global scale will have the outstanding opportunity to access the one-of-a-kind fashion network and professional expertise made available by the ISKO I-SKOOL™ project, with the possibility to be awarded with prestigious internships and mentions within the industry and beyond.
The partners of the educational project.
As in the previous thrilling editions, ISKO I-SKOOL™ has piqued the invaluable support of many key players of the denim value chain. Archroma and Lenzing will be the Gold partners of the current edition and will give their contribution to the project together with the Silver Partners Itema and Reca Group and the Supporting Partners haikure, Swarovski, Replay, Jacob Cohen, Liu Jo, 7 For All Mankind, Capsule, Betabrand, ISKOTECA™, C&S, Tonello and Menabò Group.
Denim Design Award: discovering the partnering Schools.
The absolutely prestigious institutions that have already confirmed their participation to the Denim Design Award are:
- POLIMODA (Florence, Italy)
- NABA – Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti (Milan, Italy);
- Università Iuav di Venezia (Venice, Italy);
- Accademia Costume&Moda (Rome, Italy);
- UAL – Chelsea College of Arts (Chelsea, UK);
- AMD – Akademie Mode & Design (Düsseldorf and Münich, Germany);
- AALTO University – School of Art, Design and Architecture (Helsinki, Finland);
- AMFI – Amsterdam Fashion Institute (Amsterdam, Netherlands);
- FIDM – Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (Los Angeles, USA);
- The New School – Parsons (New York, USA);
- Colegiatura Colombiana (Medellìn, Colombia);
- Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology (Beijing, China);
- Academy of Arts & Design of Tsinghua University (Beijing, China);
- Donghua University (Shanghai, China);
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong, China);
- BUNKA Fashion college (Tokyo, Japan);
- UTS – University of Technology Sydney (Sydney, Australia).
Candidacies of independent students
The novelty of this year is the involvement of Independent design Students, that had the possibility to apply for the Denim Design Award directly from the official website of the competition (www.iskooldenim.com/join).
GENDERFUL, the new Creative Theme.
During the fourth edition of the ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Design Award, students are proving themselves around GENDERFUL, a celebration of the new and inclusive ways to conceive the multiplicity of models of self expression, that are now overtaking normative gender categories for a promotion of new and evolving forms of identity. A fresh and provocative creative theme aiming to foresee the coolest future trends of fashion.
“We are proud to announce that the fourth edition of ISKO I-SKOOL™ is ready to go, now with its Denim Design Award new path. We are excited to give shape once again to the future of fashion, thanks to the outstanding talent of the students involved”, claims enthusiastically Marco Lucietti, Global Marketing Director at SANKO/ISKO™ division.